The Brain Blog
by Tammy Rome, LPC
- We hear a lot about self-care but not about handling situations that prevent self-care. Why is self-care so hard?
- The biggest factors are your symptoms and the right technology.
- Try these daily exercises to maintain mental wellness, make good decisions, and continue to look out for and support each other.
- We're not fooling anyone. The damage, that broken part we try so hard to pretend isn't there, is not hidden.
- Truth is the remedy for fear. Knowledge — accurate, relevant information — can help us make reasonable decisions in the face of so much unrest.
- Many would give anything for just a small taste of normal life. Almost any activity can be a sweet, satisfying luxury when you are denied the privilege.
- We can't always prevent or avoid a fibro flare. However, it helps to have some simple strategies to reduce the risk. What are your Fibro Top 10?
- In a moment, a surreal silence saturated air once filled with a flurry of activity. Even the dog sensed it. Change happened in an instant.
- Anxiety can be tough to beat. Using creative strategies, you can learn to shut down your alert response system. You can finally beat anxiety.